[Foundation-l] Please help debug new fundraising pages

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Thu Nov 6 02:29:34 UTC 2008

2008/11/5 Robert Rohde <rarohde at gmail.com>:
> Last year, there were pages listing every donation and pages with
> running tallies of donations.  At the time I used that information to
> do a variety of statistical analysis.
>
> I haven't been able to locate anything comparable this year.  Do such
> resources exist?

Trevor has whipped up

http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Special:ContributionStatistics

today - and we have the live contribution tracker, which hopefully
will have paging soon.

All the information comes directly from the fundraising database, so
this will include checks, stock donations, wire transfers, etc., as
they are recorded to the database. You may want to compare against the
Benefactors page to track major gifts.

We're very interested in metrics, as you can imagine, and we're
interested in sharing them publicly where doing so doesn't affect
donor privacy, so there'll be more to come.
--
Erik Möller
Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation