[Foundation-l] GFDL 1.3 Release

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Tue Nov 4 01:16:49 UTC 2008

2008/11/3 John at Darkstar <vacuum at jeb.no>:

> Note is it common in Norway, from previous cases, to be able to opt out
> of major single sided changes in such arrangements.

We'll address the jurisdictional issue in the migration proposal.

> If I understand you correctly; no matter what later Creative Commons
> license is choosen, the GFDL in some version will be keept?

Except for articles incorporating CC-BY-SA-only changes, yes.

> Will Wikimedia Foundation take the role of a publisher when relicensing
> content?

Mike can answer much better to any section 230 issues, but no, I don't
see how it would. This change seems to me to be very similar in nature
to our licensing policy.
--
Erik Möller
Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation