[Foundation-l] Please REJECT the latin wikinews project. inmediatly

Al Tally majorly.wiki at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 23 22:19:10 UTC 2008

2008/6/23 Ray Saintonge <saintonge at telus.net>:

> Al Tally wrote:
> > 2008/6/20 Thomas Dalton:
> >
> >> Agreed. A Simple English Wikinews would be really useful. Getting
> >> internationally relevant news in every language is difficult, but
> >> getting it in Simple English would be easy, and then a large number of
> >> people can benefit from it.
> >>
> > See
> >
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requests_for_new_languages/Wikinews_Simple_English
> >
> > It cannot be created.
> >

> That's a rather categorical POV push on your part.

No not on my part. I simply am stating what was written on the page by
Pathoschild.

> Your lack of
> imagination should not be treated as a condition equivalent to everyone
> else's disability.

Sigh. I'm an admin on Simple English Wikipedia. I would love a Simple
English Wikinews. In fact I even offered to help on the original proposal. I
don't suppose you noticed any of that.

> While it is true that simple languages do not have separate ISO codes
> from their complete counterparts, reference to that seems more like an
> excuse than a reason.

See above. I am *for* the idea, not against.

> The closing statement on the cited page also states:
>    1. No standard orthography,
>    2. No literature.
> These are both utterly false.
>
> Ec

Perhaps they are false; however your massive assumption of bad faith here
makes me ask "Was I right to vote for you in the board election?" I'm not so
sure. Please don't take my comments in the wrong way again. I said "It
cannot be created" not "I don't want it". Thank you.

--
Al Tally
(User:Majorly)