[Foundation-l] Wikipedia trainers

Judson Dunn cohesion at sleepyhead.org
Sat Jun 14 13:09:23 UTC 2008

On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 4:39 AM, Frank Schulenburg
<frank.schulenburg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Judson,
>
> the opening for the online course took place at Düsseldorf, Germany.
> There are some nice photos on Commons which give you a first
> impression of the atmosphere:
>
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Wikipedia_in_Senioreninternetcafes

Cool, that looks really great. One of my co-workers is older and
heavily involved in computer user groups. In the US, probably
everywhere, they were really popular a while ago, and still serve a
lot of older users. She has recently become interested in Wikipedia,
and I've showed her some things. He user groups want to learn more
about it also though.

Anyway, I say all that just to show that I think there would be a real
interest in this in many places. I certainly look forward to the
content contributions of older users also! :)

Judson
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Cohesion