[Foundation-l] Unable to vote

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 20:19:49 UTC 2008

2008/6/2 Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com>:

> For developers/sysadmins/meta-pedians  you could simply create an
> additional rule as was done for staff. I don't think many people would
> object to a rule making that that says "If you have SVN checkin to the
> mediawiki ,SVN or  if you have elevated access to the foundation
> servers, or if you've made 400 posts to the foundation's lists, or if
> you've billed more than 400 hours to the WMF,  you can vote".

Perhaps just make a rule that says "The election committee can
enfranchise anyone else who doesn't fulfil this limit but has
contributed to the community, at their discretion", and provide some
guidelines? Means we don't need to worry about a barrage of additional
special-case groups...

--
- Andrew Gray
 andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk