[Foundation-l] Wikipedia songs

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Mon Jan 28 03:02:08 UTC 2008

Our IT manager, Rob Halsell, came over to San Francisco this weekend
to set up the phones in the new Wikimedia Foundation offices. We're
switching to an open source telephony solution based on Asterisk.
Obviously, every phone system needs "on hold" music.

So far, we are using "The RfA Candidate's Song" by User:Bucketsofg. If
you want to shoot to international fame by having your own
Wikipedia-related song used while people are waiting for someone to
answer their call, this is your chance. ;-)

Feel free to add new free content songs to:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Song

(Meta would also be a good place to organize this.)

And no, this post is not indicative of our current priorities. :-)
Things have been quite hectic and busy as we're setting up and
starting to use our new space. We'll continue to update
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation/offices with
pictures, and a detailed report of recent Foundation activities will
be forthcoming shortly.
--
Erik Möller
Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation