[Foundation-l] thoughts on leakages

Nicholas Moreau nicholasmoreau at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 16:54:41 UTC 2008

Brianna,

Regarding Wikinews' criteria for newsworthiness, due to our low
volume, we basically allow in any original reporting that doesn't
infringe on the privacy of individuals, and any non-original articles
that have at least two confirming sources.

We tend to end up with a hodge-podge of stuff, with each writer
generally sticking with a few main topics, creating big pockets of
coverage in some areas, and none whatsoever with others that are ten
times more important. Theoretically, this would work to our advantage
if we had 10 times the amount of writers on the project than we do
now, we'd have relatively balanced coverage.

With Wikimedia, it's whatever's deemed of external interest, something
that others have published about, or might publish about. Whether
anything but the Kultura thing would qualify is debatable.

Nick (user:Zanimum)