[Foundation-l] Fundraising & Networking updates

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 10:46:04 UTC 2008

On 09/01/2008, Andrew Whitworth <wknight8111 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Creating an endowment, or even a "John Q Donor Memorial Scholarship",
> or renaming the chair the "John Q Donor Memorial Chair", or whatever
> is a small price to pay. There are a lot of concessions I think we
> could make on the business side. However I, like many other
> wikimedians, would be very upset if undue bias started leaking into
> our content. We can compromise on many things, but we shouldnt
> compromise our ideals.

Or, e.g., Phillip Greenspun's donation to facilitate content creation.
It's called the "Greenspun donation" all the way through and his name
will be attached to those images' image pages. He does some good and
gets due credit. There's lots of ways to give credit and thanks
without compromising our mission at all.

- d.