[Foundation-l] Bunners at the bottom of every page

Guillaume Paumier guillom.pom at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 14:18:06 UTC 2008

Hello,

On Jan 7, 2008 2:59 PM, Dan Rosenthal <swatjester at gmail.com> wrote:
> Agreed. Stewards can use common sense as well, as community members,
> and the right choice would have been to desysop this user.

No. Stewards do not decide. This is a golden rule.
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Steward_policies#Don.27t_decide

Some stewards would personally be happy to desysop this user. But they
must not do it. There is no emergency, we are not talking about some
compromised sysop account deleting the en:wp main page over and over.

If you want to change steward rules, see
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Meta:Rewriting/Stewards_policy . But I
doubt you will find many people to write in the policy that they can
desysop who they want without any community decision. And by community
decision, I am not talking about a few users agreeing on a mailing
list.

--
Guillaume Paumier
[[m:User:guillom]]