[Foundation-l] UCMJ and Wikimedia

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 22:40:36 UTC 2008

On 02/01/2008, Nathan <nawrich at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thats the crux - can we have a policy that imposes consequences on an
> editor for fulfilling a legal obligation and actions associated with
> that obligation?

I don't see why not - it's quite easy to imagine a legal obligation
that would be unacceptable to WMF or wiki communities.

(In this particular case, it's pretty clearly one editor trying to use
this as a threat to intimidate another editor out of editing, i.e.
this is straight-up No Legal Threats territory as far as en:wp is
concerned. Particularly as he tried to leave it hanging over his head
for months. Sounds not much like a legal obligation to me.)

- d.