[Foundation-l] [WikiEN-l] Legal obligation to report Wikipedia editor under UCMJ (Mike G weigh in?)

Chad innocentkiller at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 20:13:51 UTC 2008

I agree that we shouldn't. Nor should we ban .mil addresses either.
However, actively encouraging editors to break the law in their area
isn't the best way to go about it. I think those that edit Wikipedia
when they shouldn't (be it government censorship, job contract,
military law) are taking an active risk on their /own/ part (and most
of the time, they're probably aware that they're doing something they
legally shouldn't). If someone wants to report someone for breaking
the law, that's their right, and Wikipedia has no role to play in it.

Chad H.