[Foundation-l] Release of squid log data

Tim Starling tstarling at wikimedia.org
Sat Sep 15 09:57:34 UTC 2007

Anthony wrote:
> What I still don't understand is what period this information would be
> from.  Would it only be a UDP stream of new requests, or would it
> include old log data?  At least if it's only new requests those of us
> who are "mildly paranoid" can make sure we always access WP through
> tor.

I've been passing on questions from this thread to the researchers, and
I'm still waiting for their reply. So I won't answer most of the
questions just yet, but I can answer this one.

It's a UDP stream of new requests, they won't get any old data.

There is no old log data for them to have, except at 1/1000 sampling,
and even that has gaps in it due to disk-full conditions, and it doesn't

-- Tim Starling