[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Job: Volunteer Coordinator

Anthony wikilegal at inbox.org
Thu Mar 1 22:28:19 UTC 2007

> On 3/1/07, phoebe ayers <phoebe.wiki at gmail.com> wrote:
> > However,
> > certainly a lot of good talent, from programmers to publishers to venture
> > capitalists, gets attracted to San Francisco and similar areas, which is one
> > possible reason to move -- an in-person volunteer community could be built
> > around the office as well as an online one.
> >
> > -- phoebe
>
> I think that is better handled by regional chapters.

That's a good point.  If you think about it, there's no reason that an
in-person volunteer community can't exist in San Francisco anyway.

Whether or not the WMF moves its headquarters to San Francisco, it
sounds like an excellent place to start up a local users group (or
whatever the wiki-centric term for that would be).

Anthony