[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Job: Volunteer Coordinator

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 1 14:07:36 UTC 2007

--- Carolyn Doran <cdoran at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> Might it be that we are incorporated as a 5013C non-profit HERE in the
> state of Florida ~ there is much to offer here in St. Pete INCLUDING the
> nice weather and many like minded non-profit organizations locally. What
> reason would we have to be near a consulate?
> ~ C

Place of incorporation did not stop Wikia from moving. IIRC, part of the reason for the move was
to be in a place where there was a higher concentration of like-minded organizations and also a
place where there was a higher concentration of relevant talent.

As for St Pete/Tampa, I would be very interested in seeing a list of like-minded organizations in
the Tampa Bay area. Anthony already listed some great reasons why St Pete would be a good place to
live. I would like to hear more. I’m sure potential employees would also like to hear more.

-- mav