[Foundation-l] World Wikipedia project?

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Thu Oct 26 08:32:00 UTC 2006

luke brandt wrote:

>I have mentioned this a couple of times, but as yet no one seems interested.
>The idea is to coordinate Wikipedia policy over different languages as much
>as possible, so it becomes easier to amalgamate, to the benefit of all, with
>just translation needed. Then issues of formatting, layout, image policy etc
>etc should already have been sorted. Comments?

Only that it's an incredibly bad idea.  Articles in English, for
example, are the product of many people coming to a consensus about a
subject to arrive at NPOV.  Articles on the same subject will have gone
through similar processes with a different group of editors, but may
have very well come to a different NPOV.  Your suggestion would require
that all languages arrive at the same NPOV.  I would prefer not opening
that can of worms.

Ec