[Foundation-l] Throwing some data onto the flamefest fire (was: English Wikipedia ethnocentric policy affects other communities)

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Sat Dec 23 10:19:14 UTC 2006

Dear Ms Walsh, and other fellow editors

On 12/23/06, Kat Walsh <mindspillage at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/22/06, Aphaia <aphaia at gmail.com> wrote:
> Aphaia, I am very sorry that you feel this way. But I do not think
> this post is very fair.

At this point I have dirrerent point from you.
Also I would like to say now some of you have been show no interest of
my dignity. I sometimes said being addressed with family name without
honorific is a serious offence to Japanese, specially married women.
Some of you prefer to ignore my request and prefer to address me in
such a way. Because you like it. And you think it sensible, friendly
and so on.

Having a westernized username was my compromise. Once I used my
surname as my username and found it was hard to cease such rudenss
toward me and my lineage. But now I realize such compromise makes
nothing fruitful and only indulge you Westerners. I have been
embarassed to be addressing my surname, Herr Erik Moeller and other
people I think I said you sometimes but you decide to continue
embarassing with your rudeness.

I find here the similar thing - you may try to be civil and friendly,
but your civility means to place a block and tell the victims to
change their username. One user stated he didn't prefer since he used
it on over forty wikis but you English admins only repeat "change your
name".  I find here no civility nor frindliness. I find here only
condecension and arrogance.

> Here are a few things I see, on the whole thread.
>
> 1. No one is interested in blocking anyone because of beliefs about ethnicity.

No, even when they use their real name, you blocked them. You
disrespect their ethnicity and force them to .

--
KIZU Naoko
  Wikiquote: http://wikiquote.org