[Foundation-l] New project proposal - Wikibuilder

Sj 2.718281828 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 01:36:26 UTC 2005

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 07:48:59 -0800 (PST), Daniel Mayer
<maveric149 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Robin Shannon <robin.shannon at gmail.com> wrote:
> > like google labs, only wikilabs? a place to put all our crazy dreams...
> > sounds like a good idea.
>
> Not as a stand-alone Wikimedia project. Having this on Wikicities (or as a set
> of Wikibooks) seems to be much better fit.

Why not have a standalone "wikilabs" project for new potential
wikimedia projects?  Not that there's anything wrong with using
wikibooks for this, but it is not precisely in line with the primary
reason for wikibooks' existence.  Wikilabs could also be a good
initial test site for new software patches and upgrades, since
everything on it will explicitly be in beta.

--
+sj+