[Commons-l] Pikiwiki project problems

Eusebius wikipedia at eusebius.fr
Thu Jun 4 11:55:13 UTC 2009

David Gerard a écrit :
> 2009/6/4 Maarten Dammers <maarten at mdammers.nl>:
>
>> You might want to read
>> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Administrators%27_noticeboard#Pikiwikisrael
>> It pretty much sums up all problems (and possible solutions!).
>>
> From that thread, I think I can conclusively say: if Commons has been
> obstructively bureaucratic to the point that an entire chapter (WM-IL)
> will no longer work with it ... then Commons has *failed utterly* as a
> service project, and will need reining in at the Foundation level.

I'm not much involved in that issue (and don't really want to be), but
when I see ONE user saying "accept all our pictures without challenging
their copyright status or I close a whole Wikimedia chapter", I think
that maybe the other side of the issue can be considered as well: maybe
that's not only Commons failing to serve anyone willing to be served.

Eusebius