[Commons-l] Al Jazeera Creative Commons Repository

Sage Ross ragesoss+wikipedia at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 19:37:30 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 5:54 AM, Gerard Meijssen
<gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hoi,
> I had a look at the VIDEOS they made available. They are too big for us to
> upload. They were boring. they are not the encyclopaedic material we are
> looking for.
>
> Making material available under a free license, does not mean that it
> automatically qualifies as useful.
> Thanks,
>      GerardM

These ones seem pretty useful, and clearly fall within the Commons
scope.  How is documenting the effects of a war not useful, for a
project that hosts both journalism-related material and historical
content?  It's too bad that they are too big for our current capacity,
but still, they seem both interesting as useful to me.

-Sage (User:Ragesoss)