[Commons-l] GFDL-1.2 only - deletion discussion

Robert Rohde rarohde at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 20:33:00 UTC 2008

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 12:20 PM, Codeispoetry <codeispoetry at adrianlang.de>
wrote:

> On Thu, March 13, 2008 8:14 pm, Bryan Tong Minh wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 8:11 PM, Bryan Tong Minh
> > <bryan.tongminh at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Deleting it many images.
> >>
> > That should have said "Deleting it implies deleting 3867 images".
>
> That's not correct since many of these files are double licensed. And in
> fact a template which is
> mainly used to disrupt the project is not really useful.

Could you elaborate on what you are refering to?   It is hard for me to
imagine how the presense of absense of "or later versions" could really be a
significant disruption to the project, given that there isn't even a later
version to refer to.

-Robert A. Rohde

PS. Along with Gmaxwell, I am one of those people who uses GFDL-1.2 rather
than simply GFDL because as a matter of principle I prefer not to agree to
new licenses until I've at least had a chance to review them.