[Commons-l] Scope revisions now done. Ready for release?

Michael Maggs Michael at Maggs.name
Wed Aug 20 20:30:18 UTC 2008

[[Commons:Project scope/Proposal]]

I have made some further revisions based on the suggestions made on the
talk page, and think (hope) we may now be ready to go live with
something like this text.  The main changes are:

*Copyedits as proposed by various users

*Make it clear that pdf and Djvu files are always in scope if another
WMF project such as Wikisource or Wikibooks finds it useful for Commons
to host them on their behalf.  That means keeping an eye on the scope of
other projects, which perhaps makes our own rules a little more fuzzy
but which ensures we are always here to support the other projects. If
their rules change and evolve, ours should too.

Is there a consensus that we can now go live with essentially this
text?  Also, given the length of this page now, would it be useful for
me to divide it up into separate sub-pages dealing with different aspects?

Michael Maggs