[Commons-l] [Wikitech-l] GIFAR vulnerability and commons

Daniel Schwen lists at schwen.de
Tue Aug 12 11:30:53 UTC 2008

> > Sending this on to wikitech-l so the devs can comment on it.
>
> Replied on commons-l and fixed for default MediaWiki installations in
> r39203.

What did you fix? Nothing on the Wikimedia servers, right? Because I have now
confirmed, that the applet can be made into originating from commons using
Special:FilePath and it can connect back to commons (that involved uploading
a new version of my gifar).

http://toolserver.org/~dschwen/test.html
(the second applet loads user.gif from commons.wikimedia.org)