[Commons-l] People trying to withdraw their released images

Daniel Schwen lists at schwen.de
Mon Aug 4 22:59:44 UTC 2008

> That's about when it was noticed that he changes cc-by-sa and GDFL-self to
> GFDL1.2 and the whole fight started. Should we just protect the images from
> him or accept that he probably never will be a productive user anymore. If

Hm, it seem like Steschke is using the "temporary insanity" defense that Cary
outlined in his last post ;-). His first license change had a comment in the
edit summary that roughly says that he was not aware of some specific
properties of the GFDL (the "or later versions" thing).

On one hand it shouldn't be our mission to make people miserable. On the other
hand, we owe the users and re-users of the images at commons fighting for a
dependable licensing. It would degrade the reliability of commons if we make
room for precedents like this IMO.

Tough one.
--
[[en:User:Dschwen]]