[Commons-l] PDF files

wayne cpa at sympatico.ca
Mon Apr 14 12:57:05 UTC 2008

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons_talk:Project_scope#Category:Pdf_files

I have been editing and creating Categories and pages for the 12,400+
PDF files that are mostly just floating out there with no links at
all. I hadn't seen the Commons Scope page before and many initially
do not fit into the scope. HOWEVER there are a lot of legitimate
links for these notes, text, books, histories , biographies and
scientific materials within Wikipedia and Wikimedia. Most of the
12,400+ files are in Spanish, German Chinese and Russian and it
appears no one has gone through and read and categorized these files
so I am taking on the task.

Someone is going through, however, and putting a Delete note on may
of them and they are legitimate use files that can be connected to
Categories and pages. Who has the authority to deal with these
(sometime 6 months old) deletes or ask that this be stopped until
better rules can be discussed and implemented.
[[User:WayneRay|WayneRay]] 00:04, 14 April 2008 (UTC)WayneRay