[Commons-l] Allow Digital Negative (DNG) RAW format on Commons? (and increase filesize limit)

Oldak Quill oldakquill at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 18:15:08 UTC 2007

On 21/11/2007, Artur Fijałkowski <wiki.warx at gmail.com> wrote:
> We can accept 1GB RAW files and 20 GB JPEG files, but this really
> doesn't change much in pictures.
>
> Many-many contributors don't see why they should upload 10 MPIX photo,
> when they can downsample it before uploading to 0.5 MPIX. 'This is
> enough resolution for web publishing, isn't it?'  they say.
>
> So first step should be teaching users and then giving them 'most
> sophisticated file format possible (TM)' ;)

I don't think everyone needs to be aware of the problem before a
solution is implemented. There are plenty of people who would like to
be able to upload larger files and are aware that this would help the
WF and her projects. It doesn't matter that most users wouldn't upload
a 10MB file - many would and it would help the project to have these
files available.

--
Oldak Quill (oldakquill at gmail.com)