[Commons-l] image search engines

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 05:22:03 UTC 2007

Yotophoto seems to have improved since the last time I looked at it:
http://yotophoto.com/search?kw=wikimedia+commons
They link correctly to image description pages rather than raw images.

They say "Originally an experiment to facilitate easier image
searching of the Wikipedia, Yotophoto eventually expanded to index
other well known free image sites." I didn't know that... Anyone know
how to do a site-specific search there?

Because of Wikipedia's habit of having the "fake" image page when
using an image from Commons, I suspect we will languish in anonymity
for some time yet...

cheers
Brianna
user:pfctdayelise