[Commons-l] Mayflower^2

Ayelie (Editor at Large) ayelie.at.large at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 19:13:20 UTC 2007

On 4/29/07, Ayelie (Editor at Large) <ayelie.at.large at gmail.com> wrote:

> Perhaps I have my marketing hat on but the point of a logo has always
> been, to me, that it clearly demonstrates at a glance what the item is; the
> toolserver logo (
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Wikimedia_Community_Logo-Toolserver.svg) is a great example of this. What about having half the center be the ship
> and half a magnifying glass (classic symbol for a search), or something of
> the sort?

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Wikimedia_Community_Logo-Mayflower_search.svg

Something like this, but fixed up and less crappy (this was a sketchy sort
of see-how-it-looks image). I'm sure it could also be done like the
toolserver logo and have half a ship and half a magnifying glass... or
perhaps a magnifying glass larger with the whole ship inside?

--
Ayelie
  ~Editor at Large