[Commons-l] Category:Own work

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 11:01:04 UTC 2006

> 3. In order to grant their obvious wish to release these images under a
> free license, we add GFDL and CC-BY-SA-2.5 to all of these images
> 4. We leave {{OwnWork}} and change it into a notice that the license
> information below is assumed, and if the author doesn't agree, (s)he
> should write a note on the talk page or fix it directly

That's not a bad idea actually. As long as we leave {{OwnWork}}.
With all our bots running around now there should be far fewer cases.

Probably I would just make it {{GFDL}} though. I think it'd be
stretching it to put a CC license, just because we like them. :)
Whereas it's much more likely they're aware that Wikipedia is GFDL.

At the moment {{own work}} actually says it is depreciated to NLD. :|
I rather disagree with this but I understand the need for it. These
OwnWorks just hang around forever...

Brianna