[Xmldatadumps-l] [Wikitech-l] Fwd: Old English Wikipedia image dump from 2005

John Vandenberg jayvdb at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 13:31:56 UTC 2011

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 11:18 PM, emijrp <emijrp at gmail.com> wrote:
> Forwarding...

People interested in image dumps may be also interested in my post
relating to the GFDL requirements, which I think mean images need to
be included in the dumps.

https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:Terms_of_use&diff=prev&oldid=3002611

excerpt:

"..the [GFDL] license requires that someone can download a
''complete'' Transparent copy for one year after the last Opaque copy
is distributed. As a result, I believe the BoT needs to ensure that
the dumps are available ''and'' that they can be available for one
year after WMF turns of the lights on the core servers (it allows
'agents' to provide this service). As Wikipedia contains images, the
images are required to be included. .."

discussion continues ..

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Terms_of_use#Right_to_Fork

--