[Xmldatadumps-l] How to use the "Database backup dumps"

xiang wang xiangwangcn at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 08:14:31 UTC 2010

2010/11/5 Platonides <platonides at gmail.com>

> xiang wang wrote:
> > I have download the "Database backup dumps" of chinese Edition.
> > There are files with XML and sql format. I want to have data all in
> > database like MySQL. Can I get this data (especially the XML format) to
> > MySQL database without using MediaWiki? How to do this if possible?
>
> I would use mwdumper to do that
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:MWDumper
> Other options are listed in
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Importing_XML_dumps
>

> > Where can I get the format details of each dump? Because I have read
> > contents in "zhwiki-20101014-pages-articles.xml" , but chiness have two
> > eddition: "Simplified Chinese" and “Traditional Chinese”. Both format
> > exits raffertily In file "zhwiki-20101014-pages-articles.xml" . I don't
> > known how to get rid it.
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> That file is in the same format as the wiki pages. The two variants come
> from the same text (which is what you get in the dump), automatically
> converted into one or other (with some especifics with text inside -{}- ).
> That content in a mediawiki install sohuld be able to replicate zhwiki
> pages.

Thanks for answers! I used WMDumper and have another problems. I used
following command(wikidata is my database):
*set
class=mwdumper.jar;mysql-connector-java-5.1.13/mysql-connector-java-5.1.13/mysql-connector-java-5.1.13-bin.jar
set data="F:\Wikipedia Data\zhwiki-20101014-pages-articles.xml.bz2"

java -client -classpath %class% org.mediawiki.dumper.Dumper "--
output=mysql://127.0.0.1/wikidata?user=root&password=wang"
"--format=sql:1.5" %data%"*

But I get a problem.
*Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: java.sql.SQLException:
Table 'w
kidata.text' doesn't exist
        at
org.mediawiki.importer.XmlDumpReader.readDump(XmlDumpReader.java:92)
        at org.mediawiki.dumper.Dumper.main(Dumper.java:143)*

"Wikidata" is a database I constructed. How can I construct table "text"?
Thanks advanced!
David.