[Xmldatadumps-l] How to use the "Database backup dumps"

xiang wang xiangwangcn at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 07:08:44 UTC 2010

I have download the "Database backup dumps" of chinese Edition. There are
files with XML and sql format. I want to have data all in database like
MySQL. Can I get this data (especially the XML format) to MySQL database
without using MediaWiki? How to do this if possible?

Where can I get the format details of each dump? Because I have read
contents in "zhwiki-20101014-pages-articles.xml" , but chiness have two
eddition: "Simplified Chinese" and “Traditional Chinese”. Both format exits
raffertily In file "zhwiki-20101014-pages-articles.xml" . I don't known how
to get rid it.

Thanks!