[Wiktionary-l] [Foundation-l] Divergent Wiktionary logos

Matthieu Barba matthieu_barba at yahoo.fr
Wed Mar 25 16:29:12 UTC 2009

Hi,

I didn't like the new logo (and the way it was chosen), but we installed it
anyway on fr.wiktionary because we wanted to have a unified logo. If all the
Wiktionaries don't use it, it is useless.

I'd like to vote for a new logo, but the process should be better prepared
than last time.

Note on the scrabble thing: personally it's not the copyright with Hasbro
that bothered me. I just think that the logo should identify the project
("hey, it's the Wiktionary!") without reference to something else ("hey,
it's that dictionary that uses scrabble tiles!").

Darkdadaah
from fr.wiktionary