[Wiktionary-l] Divergent Wiktionary logos

Conrad Irwin conrad.irwin at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 25 00:27:27 UTC 2009

Hi,

I personally like the new logo, but from the discussion on en.wikt,
we/they have resisted it so long that I suspect it would seem to be
losing face to back down now. I believe a portion of the resistance is
due to a rumour that Hasbro have some kind of legal claim to a
scrabble tile, and so we might be infringing on that; if that rumour
could be publicly debunked that would help.

The favicon I regard as a non-issue and is not really relevant here.
All(?) Wikipedias use an, almost universally recognised, globe logo;
they should have a globe favicon. Wiktionary doesn't have a clearly
preferred logo, but the W is about the only feature common to both
(though on the tiles I think it is a true W as opposed to overlayed
Vs).

Conrad