[Wiktionary-l] Klingon Wiktionary closed

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 17:27:31 UTC 2007

Hoi,
The discussion about the Klingon Wiktionary is moot. After the initial
lock down of this database, Brion has opened it up again. Technically it
has a status aparte as is it impossible to create interwiki links
between this and any other Wiktionary. This is very much the situation
as before this latest exchange of pleasantries started.

As far as I am aware, nobody is really interested in it and be unpopular
by one or another fraction within our communities. The language
committee will not consider it because part of the status of the Klingon
language within the Wikimedia Foundation has been decided in the past on
the board level. The committee will only consider it when the board asks
it to do so.

My conclusion: the least words spilled over it, the better. However, if
people want this project seriously closed, they should try to get this
done now or else leave it be (including in the future).

Thanks,
     GerardM