[Wiktionary-l] RE: [Wikitech-l] Why use so many (small) messages)

Gerard.Meijssen gerardm at myrealbox.com
Wed Jun 16 12:22:47 UTC 2004

Ray,
There are issues. And as I have mentioned this is a system being developped. Nothing is carved into stone yet. You state that it is my "pet project" and indeed I among others try to nurture it to become better. As to your criticism,  I do acknowledge that several issues have to be resolved. This is consistent with something that is under construction.

It would however be foolish not to respond to questions of why things need _many_ messages. That is exactly why we have mailinglists; to inform about what is what and why and how things are evolving. Again, en:wiktionary is not the only one. The issues that can be resolved should be resolved. But it is not a zero sum situation; the benefits must be weighed against drawbacks. At this moment people can cooperate and look at what this way of working produces. I am aware of issues and I am working towords resolutions.

Only stating that this system is not finished/ready is not helpfull as it is not a finished product yet.

Gerard