[Wiktionary-l] Uploading soundfiles to Commons using the pywikipediabot

Gerard Meijssen gerardm at myrealbox.com
Tue Dec 21 11:14:38 UTC 2004

Hoi,
I have been uploading LOADS of soundfiles to Commons. I would like to
have more people upload soundfiles to Commons. The big thing people hate
to do is the uploading itself. They are willing to record in .ogg they
are willing to make it conform to the naming convention but the
uploading and the subsequent copyright message is disliked to the extend
that people are not willing to do it.

Given the functionality that already exists in the pywikipediabot, it
should not be too difficult to have a directory with files conforming to
xx.word.ogg (xx is the ISO-639 code, word is the word or phrase) and
upload them to Commons. I use the following message for copyright:

eigen opname. [[User:GerardM|GerardM]]
{{GFDL}}

[[Category:Farsi pronunciation|چوپان]]

Eigen opname: could be changed to Own recording:
Farsi is the ISO-639 for fa (Persian).

Please let me know if this is possible and, if you are willing to create
this bot for us.

Thanks,
GerardM