[WikiX-l] The goods have not been sent to our chapter yet, any way to arrange the express delivery?

Tomasz Ganicz polimerek at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 14:27:08 UTC 2011

2011/1/14 Daniel ~ Leinad <danny.leinad at gmail.com>:
> In Poznań (Poland) we've just received a package (we are very happy
> :D), but after many problems:
> - the address was wrong (only postal code was correct)
> - the telephone number was wrong
> - 2 times a tracking number has been changed - when we watched the old
> numbers, there was still status "Initiated"
> - accordance with the procedures (these are similar across the
> European Union), the package was detained for customs, but customs
> office did not have my e-mail address, so they could not contact me
> (office requires filling in a declaration which is in the package and
> what is its value) - if I did not call the office, this package would
> be sent back to San Francisco after 5 days...
>
> Good luck to all those who are awaiting shipment :-)

Yes.. And the package sent to WMPL was sent back due to customs
problems, which in Poland are more tricky when the package is sent to
organisation or company - no to the person.I don't know about other EU
countries but it might be similar - starting from January 1st 2011 in
order to receive package from customs a company or institution needs
to have EORI number
(http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/dds/eorihome_en.htm) - in Poland
it takes around 2 weeks to get it. In our package there was also
missing a "letter of origin" without which it is impossible to go
through customs. I think for future actions of this kind it will be
better if one of EU chapters prints and sends promotional materials to
other EU chapters...

--
Tomek "Polimerek" Ganicz
http://www.ganicz.pl/poli/