[WikiX-l] Some questions and checking - Anyone else in Ireland?

Heather James heatherescent at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 10:21:24 UTC 2011

We're having our Wikipedia celebration a week after everyone else, to make
it easier for students who were on break (looong breaks here!)

1) Print instructions or Screencasts for uploading to Wikimedia?
- I want to make some really simple instructions for uploading to Wikimedia,
so we can print out a 1 page guide to sit next to the machines. (I have a
copy of the comic book-like licensing info)/
- And we want to direct people to a screencast on how to upload images to
wikimedia. Is there a screencast already?

Any other resources for absolute beginners? Possibly people who aren't
comfortable with computers (older people, etc).

2) I wanted to check if there's anyone else on this list from Ireland. I
didn't see any other Irish cities, but thought there might be lurkers?

3) More info about our event in Sligo:
http://sligovec.ie/news/sligo-celebrates-wikipedia-10
- Promotion a week before the event online to get people to select existing
images from their photo libraries
- Saturday 'wiki wander' - photo scavenger hunt (hoping for good weather,
but rain won't stop it)
- Exhibition and a prize to give away from a local company sponsor
- Hand on workshop in the computer labs to show people how to get their
pictures into wikimedia.

Best wishes to everyone making preparations!