[Wikiversity-l] Research project: E-learning in 'open source' education

Brent Cunningham brent.cunningham at kcl.ac.uk
Sun Mar 23 12:02:24 UTC 2008

Dear all,

Thanks for the replies (Cormac, Teemu, Gerald) regarding this research
project. I think there are definitely links with the other research
areas mentioned (e.g. Education_and_collaboration and
Developing_Wikiversity_through_action_research) and I look forward to
interacting with other participants.

I have (hopefully properly) registered and created a research page:
http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Elearning_in_open_source_education and
will add links between pages.

I have so far really focused on testing the concept of 'open source
education' more than exploring the details and technologies involved,
but there are good complements here with research with a more specific
or practical focus. For example, my research seems to be confirming
that wiki technology is uniquely aligned with collaborative learning
approaches. There are also many related ideas and phenomena e.g. OERs.

I will add further results, comments and details about the planned
focus group in due course.

All the best,
BrentC

----- End forwarded message -----