[Wikiversity-l] [WikiEducator] Image: namespace

Leigh Blackall leighblackall at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 06:06:48 UTC 2008

I would love to see this happen James. A name space for Image: Audio: Video:
Template: etc... I really like the way the Image name space creates image
info pages.. and in the case of Wikieducator this is increasingly needed for
things like video and audio... It would be pretty cool to see a Video name
space for example, and along with all the data about the video on the video
page, is a time code in lots of 30 seconds, where people could transcribe
the audio into text for use in print media, subtitling, or low bandwidth
access..

On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 12:58 PM, James Neill <lists at wilderdom.com> wrote:

>  I'm guessing the use of the Image: namespace for all kinds of attachments
> arises from historical legacy? But as a way to upload and link to files it
> is far from intuitive, particularly for newcomers. Does anyone know if
> there's any work towards, say, upcoming MW versions using something like
> File: or Attachment: namespaces for non-image files?

Leigh Blackall
+64(0)21736539
skype - leigh_blackall
SL - Leroy Goalpost