[Wikiversity-l] Research project: E-learning in 'open source' education: exploratory study

Cormac Lawler cormaggio at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 11:35:33 UTC 2008

(original mail snipped)

Hi Brent,

This is really fascinating. I am studying Wikiversity from a participative
standpoint and in the light of many of the theoretical/pedagogical strands
you mention (Freire, Foucault, etc). My research page is at: <
http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Developing_Wikiversity_through_action_research>,
userpage at: <http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/User:Cormaggio>, and blog at: <
http://cormaggio.org>. You might also be interested in a paper that has been
developed recently on Wikiversity: <
http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Education_and_collaboration> (though which
has also been compromised through a cut-and-paste move, leaving its
discussion at: <http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Talk:FLOSS_and_education>).

I'd love to participate in some way in this - via the upcoming workshop,
and/or through some sort of ongoing dialogue. I can also suggest Wikiversity
as a space in which to do your research - though perhaps you have somewhere
else that you would prefer?

Cheers,

Cormac