[Wikiversity-l] Wikiversity and Wikibooks: can we answer the perennial question?

David Crochet crochet.david at online.fr
Sun Nov 18 09:52:16 UTC 2007

Bonjour

A "not perfect" translation from my mail, but I hope you will understand most
of what I meant

For the french wikiversity, the important work is to propose lessons.
We did not want to do the work of wikibooks is proposing educational books

To make this work, there is already an organization of the presentation using
names of "workspaces".
The wikiversité be decomposed into a system identical to what can be see at a
university in France: The wikiversité is divided into faculty, each faculty
is divided into departments (some departments are common to 2 faculties
because speaking the same knowledge). Each department offers courses on a
theme or a level. Each course consists of several chapter, annex and
exercises, allowing readers to learn.

A browser systeme allows you to go from one chapter to the next, and also to
the previous order to be able to read a paragraph.
In the chapters there is opportunity to go do exercises to determine if the
acquired knowledge is good.

Each lesson has referents, ie persons who, either written or help write the
lessons, or are people who have knowledge that can help other people ; not
people who want to learn (which normally only visitors wikiversity,
contributors are usually people who can just help readers)

The pages of discussion of the chapters are there so that users can ask
questions (this avoids to spamm discussion pages of users who are
referents). The goal is that the question that was asked just amend chapter
to improve it.

And as is almost always the same questions often, the pages of discussion
precisely to allow visitors to see the questions that have already been
asked and thus avoids the end asking 36 times the same question

With this system, wikibooks and wikiversités are totally independent, except
for the time being, with everything that is related to computer science,
because we see that as soon as there was some lessons in the wikiversité we
end up directly with a book like teaching, so it's to wikibooks (in France
we have a book entitled "Open Office for 'Dummies'", "Words for 'Dummies'",
"Coreldraw for 'Dummies'", and so on. have As often educational books, for
the time being, they prefer whatsoever wikibooks which manages documents of
this type. Perhaps one day with interactive learning courses of this type
come enlarge wikiversité)

Any excuse for my errors of translation, if any, but to make simple (yes, I
am ashamed), I used google translation

--
Cordialement, David Crochet
http://motardsdefrance.online.fr (Site de rendez-vous des motards de France)