[Wikiversity-l] The dutch-speaking are not interested at this moment

Peter van Londen londenp at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 21:06:42 UTC 2007

Hi,

Based on some discussions and the WV IRC-meeting I have tried to find people
to start up with Wikiversity-NL, within the Wikimedia-NL community, the
Wikibooks-NL community and the Wikipedia-NL community.

During these few weeks 3 persons have shown interest in starting a
Wikiversity, of which one had some preference for hosting WV within WB-NL
and the other two had no preference.

Conclusion: I don't see any reason to start a seperate WV in the Dutch
language at this point: let's wait another year. I will try to experiment
somewhat with WV within WB, but no promises. I will follow the developments
at the existing WV: once WV has grown-up: meaning knows what to do and
thrives, there might be more interest. One of the comments was that
WV-idea/mission/vision is too vague.

Sorry,

Kind regards
Peter van Londen