[Wikitech-l] SQLite Mediawiki support

Jefsey jefsey at jefsey.com
Tue Sep 27 18:37:34 UTC 2016

At 00:36 27/09/2016, Brian Wolff wrote:
>can pretty much use with any webserver -
>so are you basically asking for an installer? Some sort of xulrunner-esque
>thing so the interface doesnt look like a web browser?

I did not know XULetc... So, some parts could be related. Actually
the need I have is quite opposite to mediawiki but with the same
tools: not to support a community with common knowledge, but to
support a single/a small group of users/authors, with sustainable
knowledge, i.e. texts I can consantly augment and update, so I can
structure my "mneme" and build upon it, for me, for others. The key
issue seems to be individual (wikilite) versus community mneme (wikipedia)

I need the wikipedia proven tools and practices under the form of a
compact and robuts system I can rely upon and run on my different
machines through my dropbox directory (the way I actually use the
same wiki on three machines). However, the difficulty are :

1. mediawiki is not documented in that perspective for technically
agnostic end-users
2. some of the php tools are not complete for SQLite
3. installation of a new wikilite is still complex and long, I would
like to be able to install 30 different ones in one minute for a
group of students, with pre-entered pages, forms, docs,mailing lists, etc.
4. a review of extensions into that perspective - introduced as
perpetual off-the-shelve part of the experience.
5. farming management and updates (I run around 200 wikilites using
symlinks for the current release, each in its own directory)
6. I would like to develop specialized bots for content management
and interfacing, etc. that do not necessarily make sense in broad uses.
etc.

What I would like to get is an end-user oriented (extension and bot
included) documentation anyone can read, understand and use. Yes, an
installation and maintenance tool, with various types of use
configurations,  Then a clear documentation of the maintenance and
extension tools with quality control and support. To become an
end-user textbase++ system, consultants should be available and
turn-click deliveries available (home and in the cloud).

Thx for suggestions.
jefsey