[Wikitech-l] Update on WMF account compromises

Florence Devouard fdevouard at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 12:24:19 UTC 2016

Ya, well
I was a good girl and I did as I was told to do.

Now... I changed my password to a VERY simple one so that it takes less
time to relogin each time.

And most of my edits are anonymous... which creates a problem to me
because I keep being asked to fill up the captcha thing and of course I
miss all the nice user features... but it also creates a problem to my
peers who have to keep a watch on my anonymous edits.

So, I do not know what is the extent of the current security issue, but
I tell you that from a user perspective, the 2 factor authentification
system is absolutely not ok :)

I do not know how many people switched and I dunno if all meet the same
problem than I.

If others are facing the same consequences... I believe you should stop
to push people to implement the 2 steps.

If I am alone in this situation.... please someone remove the 2 factors
identification system from my account. Please. Please.

Anthere