No subject

Fri Aug 17 21:06:45 UTC 2012

Hentai
Masamune Shirow
Manga
My Neighbor Totoro
Trigun
Sailor Moon
Ranma 1/2
Rumiko Takahashi

I'm sure I missed plenty. These can be broadly categorized as:
 * Geographical names, with the local native kanji "spelling" as a
sidenote
 * Personal names of politicians, scientists, and artists, with their
native kanji "spelling" as a sidenote
 * Various cultural items originating in Japan (sushi, karaoke, martial
arts, companies, works of art/pop culture) with their native kanji/kana
"spelling" as a sidenote

That said, I'm still not convinced there's much usefulness in more
special codes that work on our wiki and nowhere else in the world; only
a fraction of the above use kana at all.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)