[Wikitech-l] Import rights

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Sat Apr 22 13:59:24 UTC 2006

Dominik Bach wrote:
> A new ripuarian Wikipedia has been set up on ksh.wikipedia.org. The testwiki with 9000+ pages should be transferred from wikoelsch.dergruenepunk.de and have already been exported from there. Purodha has been given temporary Bureaucrat status on ksh.wikipedia.org. However, import priviliges are disabled. How can these be activated? This Wikipedia has been for a month without articles, and we really want to hurry up to prevent a big mess, which would occur when new articles are created and then overwritten by the imported ones. Thank you for your help, Dominik

Hoi,
The one thing that astonishes me is that the Ripuarian name is used for
the ksh acronym. Given that ksh is Kölsch as you can verify here:
http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=ksh I wonder why you
use the Ripuarian name. Ripuarian is considered to be a higher level
linguistically then Kölsch, it means that there cannot be
standardisation within Ripuarian. If in effect ksh is Kölsch, then I am
fine with it but in that case please do not use the word Ripuarian.
Thanks,
   GerardM