[Wikitech-l] Longterm hosting strategy

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Fri May 6 06:56:07 UTC 2005

Jimmy Wales wrote:

>Amsterdam - a large NGO wants to do a big press announcement when I'm
>there in Holland at the end of this month.  They are providing a set of
>servers which have already been ordered.  I do not know the exact
>specifications, perhaps someone else can tell me?

Hoi,
The best person to get the exact specifications from is Mark- he has
trashed this out together with Kate on our side and "this organisation"
on the other side. The whole specification does include routers and what
not the servers are for squid/apache one general purpose server and a
database server. Hardware will be installed in a rack for us, it does
include "hands and eyes" service during European/Dutch business hours.
Two specified people will have access for emergencies to the premises..
They will be Mark- and myself, given the "hands and eyes" there should
not be much reason to go there a lot.

We will have a whole rack where stuff can be added to. This stuff has to
conform to the quality of the equipment that will be installed by "this
organisation". As to bandwith, there is no limit on the amount of
bandwith. The datacentre is extremely well connected.

Thanks,
    GerardM