[Wikitech-l] 1.4 category image thumbs

Gerard Meijssen gerardm at myrealbox.com
Fri Dec 10 13:50:20 UTC 2004

Magnus Manske wrote:

> While I really like the thumbnail preview of images on the category
> pages, I wonder what will happen on pages like [1] once 1.4 goes live
> on wikipedia. Will anyone without a T3 line be able to access such a
> page? I am already having problems with viewing [2]...
>
> Magnus
>
> [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Album_covers
> [2] http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Public_domain

One other problem is that categories like "Dutch pronunciation" who do
not contain images are also made into thumbnail preview images. They
only contain .ogg files so it is a waste of effort and a good example
that we indeed could use some more attention to sound files.

The category "Dutch pronunciation" does not show how many articles are
in the category :(

Thanks,
    GerardM