[wikitech-announce] Re-purpose of this list

Quim Gil qgil at wikimedia.org
Tue Apr 16 04:07:52 UTC 2013

Hi,

We were missing a way to notify tech contributors and volunteers about
new activities, and after some discussion [1] we have decided to recycle
the unused wikitech-announce.

Subscribers will receive CALLS FOR ACTION ONLY e.g. for activities like
the ones listed at https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Project:Calendar. No
announcements of new releases, features removed, etc. We have channels
already for that.

We will sync the announcements at wikitech-announce with with wikitech-l
and wikitech-ambassadors.

While this is not a big deal for current contributors following already
wikitech-l and a number of wiki pages etc, it will help potential
volunteers willing to get involved and know about opportunities to
contribute.

[1]
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Project_talk:New_contributors#How_to_solve_Notifications_here_and_now_26058

--